- 1 fresh chicken, cut in 8 pieces
- 200 ml water
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bruised
- 2 salam leaves -bay leaves-
- 2 jeruk leaves -lime leaves-
- 1 t tamarind juice
Spice paste :
- 6 shallots, peeled
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 candlenuts (substitute with macadamia nuts or raw cashews)
- 2 cm turmeric, peeled, sliced
- 200 gr galangal, peeled, cut
- 1 t salt
- heat oil in a wok and saute the spice paste, lemongrass, salam leaves, jeruk leaves for 3 minutes.
- add chicken and cook, stirring, until well coated. Add water and simmer, uncovered, until chicken is cooked and sauce is almost dry. Leave to cool.
- Just before chicken is required, heat oil and deep fry chicken until crisp and golden brown
- then fry the sauce until crispy.
- serve fried chicken with crispy sauce on top.