Quiches can be served for brunch or lunch. This is one of our favourites.
- 9 inch unbaked pie crust
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped beef ham/ beef bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt, pepper, nutmeg, paprika powder to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or swiss cheese
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- saute onion in hot oil for a while, add the beef ham, cook until brown. Heat off, add remaining ingredients but cheese and stir to combine throughly
- pour into the pie crust/pastry shell
- top with shredded cheese
- bake in the preheated oven for 40 min.
- cool 10 min before serving
To make a butter flakky pie crust :
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled and diced
- 1/4 cup ice water
- in a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball. Wrap in plastic and refregerate for 4 hours or overnight (better).
- Roll dough out to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place crust in pie plate. Press the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate