Believe me you will like it !!
- 500 gr top round beef, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices about 1 inch square
- 5 tbsp kecap manis - sweet soy sause
- 1 sdm palm sugar
- 350 ml water
- 2 tbsp fried shallot for garnish
spice paste :
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 cm ginger root, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp pepper (or pepper powder should be oke)
- 1/4 of nutmeg (powder is good too - 1/2 tsp)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp tamarind juice
- heat oil in a large pan, saute the paste until the fragrance comes out, add beef. mix, stirring until well coated.
- add water and simmer, until beef is tender and all the sauce has evaporated
- serve with warm steamed rice