- 150 cc water
- 60 gr butter
- 110 gr all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- in a sauce pan heat the butter, water and salt
- when the butter is melted and boiled add the flour all at one and stir immediately, keep stirring until it comes away from the sides
- remove from heat, wait until it is cold then
- add the eggs, one at a time, stir continuously until the batter stiff and shiny
- pipe the batter onto parchment-lined baking sheets and place in oven. Turn the oven down to 375 degrees F
- bake about 25 - 30 min. Remove them from oven. Turn the oven off.
- poke each puff on the side with a knive to release the steam
- Return the puffs to the oven for 5 min. Cool.
Split the cooled puffs and fill with the cream filling. Put tops back on and dust with icing sugar.
- 500 cc fresh milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks, sligthly beaten
- 3 tbs corn starch
- few drops of vanilla or rum (for flavour)
in top of a double boiler, combine the sugar and flour together. Add milk and mix well. Add egg yolks and blend. Place mixture over hot water over medium low heat and cook until smooth and thick, stirring constantly. Cool, stirring occasionally to prevent a skin from forming over the top of filling. Add vanilla.
Makes about 20 - 25 mini puffs