Pardon me with the ugly picture below, yet looks horrible, but seriously, it is super ggoodd..d
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces, clean, and rub well with lime juice then set aside.
- 2 cm (3/4 inch) galangal root, peeled and bruised
- 1 - 2 stalk lemon grass (part of bottom third only), bruised
- 2 bay leaves
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbs tamarind juice
- 1 tbs kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
Spice Paste :
- 6 shallots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 candlenuts or substitute with macadamia nuts (before you grind the nuts, you need to dry fry the nuts first without any oil in a skillet over low heat until fragrant, about 3 min)
- 1 tsp corriander powder
- 2 red chilies
- 4 bird's eye chillies
- 1 cm turmeric root, peeled and sliced or turmeric powder should be oke
- 1 tbs gula jawa (palm sugar)
- salt to taste
- heat the oil in a wok until hot, add the spice paste, galangal, lemon grass, bay leaves. Stir fry over low to medium heat until fragrant. Add chicken and cook until the chicken change colour
- add coconut milk, tamarind juice. Cook chicken turning it from time to time until the sauce is absorbed and dries to a paste (about 15 min). Add kecap manis and mix well.
- remove the chicken from the wok, coat well with the sauce on all sides, then grill under the broiler or on a barbecue until golden brown on all sides (10-15 min)
ini salah satu masakan andalan bw menjamu orang asing, percaya deh, mereka pada suka. Asal jangan extreme yah pedesnya.
source : dapur enji.